Tulane Home Tulane Shield logo linking to site home page

In an effort to maximize our service capabilities, we are collecting service requests via the Registrar Support form instead of email. Once your request is submitted, our staff will work on your request and follow up with you. Thank you for your patience during our transition

Student FAQS

When should I look at my degree audit?

Students should frequently review their degree audit at least four times a semester. You should review your audit:

  1. Before you meet with your academic advisor to discuss registration for the upcoming semester.
  2. After you register to ensure that the courses you selected applied to your requirements as expected.
  3. After your grades for each semester are posted.
  4. Any time you make a change to your schedule or your academic program (degree, major, minor, and/or certificate).
Can I use my Degree Works audit as my transcript?

No. Your Degree Works audit can replace neither an official, nor an unofficial transcript. It is solely an evaluation tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress. It displays the courses required and completed in your degree program.

Your academic transcript is your official university record and provides a chronological list of courses, and the associated earned grades, completed in your academic history. Your official transcript must be requested from the Office of the Registrar.

How current is my information in Degree Works?

Degree Works is refreshed nightly. Any changes made will be updated and available the following day.

What is “Catalog Term” and what does that mean?

Catalog Term is the academic term for which a degree candidate must meet documented graduation requirements. University graduation requirements and each academic program's curricular (major, minor, or certificate) requirements are officially documented in the University Catalog). Your Degree Catalog term is normally the term in which you entered the degree program. Your Major/Minot catalog term is normally the term in which you declared the major/minor (with some exceptions, especially the Freeman School of Business). If a catalog term says “Undeclared,” you have not officially declared that program of study and should consult your advisor.

How do I change my “Catalog Term”?

A degree candidate seeking to change the "Catalog Term" in Degree Works should consult their academic advisor. Only after consultation with and approval from the advisor can a catalog term be changed.

I am a double major, can I have one “Catalog Term” for one major, and a different “Catalog Term" for the other?

Yes, it is possible. A student with multiple majors can have different Catalog Terms for each program depending on when the major was declared. When declaring the major or minor, students and advisors should identify and clearly document the set of major requirements to be followed.

When can I use my Degree Works audit?

Degree Works will be extremely helpful in scenarios such as the following:

  • Meeting with your academic, program, or major advisor
  • Creating a list of questions to discuss with your advisor
  • Identifying courses needed to complete your degree
  • Determining what major(s) or program(s) of study you would like to pursue
  • Deciding whether to add a minor or certificate
  • Evaluating progress towards degree completion
  • Evaluating a change of academic program