To provide a more efficient and user-friendly experience, the Office of the Registrar will implement a new electronic degree audit system, Degree Works. This degree audit program will roll out in Fall 2018 for all Graduate, Professional, and School of Professional Advancement students, as well as Newcomb-Tulane students who entered in Fall 2017 or later. Newcomb-Tulane students who entered before Fall 2017 will remain on the current degree audit system until they graduate.
View a chart of all degree programs and their status in Degree Works
What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based, degree-auditing and tracking tool that enables students and advisors to evaluate academic progress towards graduation in accordance with university and academic program requirements as they are outlined in the University Catalog. This tool will allow students to quickly and easily identify which requirements have been satisfied, and which requirements are outstanding.
In addition, Degree Works can be used to perform a "what if" analysis to determine how current coursework and coursework in a student’s academic history would be used if a different academic program were selected.
How Degree Works Benefits Students
- Supports real time delivery of progress towards degree completion
- Easily determines which courses have been taken or transferred, which count as electives and requirements, and what's outstanding to complete a degree
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- "What If" and “Look Ahead” features shows students how progress towards degree completion changes if they change academic programs or add a major, minor, certificate, or take certain courses in the future.
How Degree Works Benefits Advisors
- Supports real time delivery of academic advice through intuitive web interfaces
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans
- Reduces paperwork and manual exception processing
- Allows advisors to search for students using varied criteria to view degree progress
- Important Note: Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace the valuable one-on-one sessions with academic advisors.
Student Step-by-Step Instructions
Student instructions for how to use Degree Works are available here.
Advisor Step-by-Step Instructions
Advisor instructions for how to use Degree Works are available for these items:
Degree Works FAQs
Please note that these documents are evolving as we work with departments. If you have comments, suggestions, or questions on these documents, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.