As Provost Forman announced in his email dated March 23, 2020, the University adopted new temporary grading options for the Spring 2020 semester. The various school policies can be found at https://registrar.tulane.edu/covid-19-grading-policy.
The tool you will use to elect these changes for eligible courses is now available and accessible through the Schedule of Classes by performing the following:
1) Log into the Schedule of Classes
2) Click on the “Change Grade Scheme” tab
3) Select the P/MP/U grading scheme for any eligible courses for which you wish to elect the new grade scheme.
NOTE: This grading scheme is not available for the following courses:
- Courses that are non-graded
- Courses graded with a research-grade of Research, such as masters and dissertation courses
- Year-long courses
- Courses for which you previously elected an audit grade scheme
- Spring 2020 courses which ended before March 23, 2020
- Law courses
- Grad Business courses
- Grad Social Work courses
- Grad Science and Engineering courses
4) Be sure to press the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to save your selections.
Faculty will not be informed which students have selected P/MP/U. Faculty will report a letter grade for all courses with a regular grade option or will report an S or U grade for all courses with an S/U option. The grade issued by the faculty member will be replaced on the transcript by P/MP/U for those students selecting this scheme. Students cannot change this transcripted designation after the P/MP/U grading scheme deadline. If necessary, however, the Registrar’s office will certify the corresponding letter grade for graduate admission or any other academic or professional opportunity that a student may need.
The deadline for selecting the P/MP/U grading scheme is May 11, 2020, for all graduating students and all students taking Public Health or Liberal Arts courses at the graduate level.
The deadline for all other students is May 21, 2020.
Again, the full policy can be found at https://registrar.tulane.edu/covid-19-grading-policy, as well as FAQs on this topic.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (504) 865-5231.
Office of the University Registrar
110 Gibson Hall
New Orleans, LA 70118